> Warren Buffett Blog: Warren Buffett confident in US and Australian economy

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Warren Buffett confident in US and Australian economy


I feel very comfortable with both the US and the Australian economy. I have no idea what’s going to happen six months from now in business or the market, but I mean, I would be very happy over a five or 10-year period, which is the way you look at these things, or much longer even, investing in either country.

In both areas you have a respect for capital, the rule of law, you have a market that’s well established, you have able and ethical people.

I know less, obviously, about Australia than of the United States but everything I know about it gives me the reason to have the same kind of forecast for it as I have for the United States.