> Warren Buffett Blog: I dont know what the stock markets will do tomorrow or next year says Warren Buffett

Monday, June 12, 2017

I dont know what the stock markets will do tomorrow or next year says Warren Buffett

I don't have the faintest idea what the stock market's going to do tomorrow or next week or next month or even next year. I do know that over time – and we'll talk ten years of something of the sort – that equities will do better than bonds, which is the main alternative or bank deposits or whatever it may be. Fixed dollar investments for people. And they're not going to be able to pick the time to come in. I don't know how to pick the time to come in. I bought a lot of stocks in the last couple months. They turned out – the stock market goes down 20 percent or 30 percent. But that won't bother me if I like the businesses I bought.